Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
|The Resettlement Case Manager serves in coordination with other resettlement staff to deliver culturally appropriate services for refugee clients with a goal of self-sufficiency. Case Managers provide intensive case management services for newly arriving refugees during their first 90 days in the United States through our Reception and Placement Program. The Case Manager must be willing and able to contribute to a team approach to resettlement and adapt to frequent population, policy, and procedure changes.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
- High School diploma, (relevant experience may be substituted for diploma), Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with the refugee resettlement process.
- Fluency in relevant language strongly preferred – Arabic, Burmese
- Previous interpreter experience strongly preferred.
- Valid driver license with classification appropriate to operate JVS vehicles, valid auto insurance, clean driving record with no moving violations within the past three years.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to address client concerns and acculturation.
- Maintain all required documents in case files, including regular case notes.
- Collaborate with Employment Services, Medical Coordinator, Social Work, as needed.
- Serve as a connector to public services in conjunction with clients.
- Represent JVS’ mission and goals to clients and ensure equitable treatment.
- Follow and abide by all rules and regulations of case management and ethical standards thereof.
- Complete and document all core services as required by funding contract, under direction of Resettlement Services Manager.
- Participate in regular staff meetings to coordinate services.
- Pick up newly arrived clients from the airport.
- Drive clients to necessary appointments, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and community driven.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based communication.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Hours- full-time hours, mostly during regular business hours with flexibility for occasional evenings/weekends as dictated by new arrivals schedule and client needs
- Regular travel to client homes, airport, other service providers, and community events in personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
- Home Visits
- When not working in the community, work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some work may be performed at community sites such as other agency offices, schools, libraries, and other public meeting places. Employees may experience exposure to temperature extremes when in training situations, in a car, and while traveling to contacts outside of the agency facility.
- Position requires frequent bending, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, pulling, pushing, lifting, and moving items that may weigh up to 10 lbs; occasional need to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Agency cell phone will be provided for contact with clients.
Salary range: $35,557 – $43,379
A note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary individuals and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification listed in the job description. Here at JVS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may come from a background less traditional to our field of work and that is okay. JVS strongly encourages you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every qualification described.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com