Department of Justice-accredited immigration counselors work to help reunite families and strengthen our diverse community.
“I really enjoy working with JVS. The people were really people I could trust. I felt comfortable working with them.” -JVS Client
How We Help
Our bi-lingual (English/Spanish) immigration counselors work one-on-one with refugees and immigrants to complete family-based immigration applications, applications to adjust to permanent resident status, and naturalization applications. We also assist with applying for some humanitarian-based immigration benefits.
Our citizenship services fully integrate immigrants into Kansas City’s society so they can have all the rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens.
Our full range of services includes:
- Immigration consultation
- Immigration form preparation and online submission of documents and payments
- USC or LPR petition for a family member
- Fiancé petitions
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Refugee/asylee petitions
- Refugee/asylee adjustment of status
- Adjustment of status through other available immigration benefits
- Re-entry permits/refugee travel documents
- Registration for Temporary Protected Status
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Naturalization applications for adults and minors entitled to citizenship through parents
- Assist potential sponsors to complete family reunification packet and fingerprinting for unaccompanied minors
- Legal representation by a Department of Justice: Office of Legal Access Programs-accredited staff member