Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
|The Social Worker is responsible for fulfilling the JVS mission by providing intensive case management services for social work clients. The Social Work Program is focused on holistic, culturally competent social work interventions, based on strengths, empowerment, and ecological perspectives and adherence to the NASW Social Work Code of Ethics. These culturally competent interventions utilize multicultural and language abilities of staff, as well as trained contracted interpreters. Types of interventions, as well as frequency and intensity of services, are driven by the needs of each client. Case management services cover a range of issues including mental health services, assistance accessing physical health services, increased knowledge of women’s rights, increased understanding of DV/sexual assault, increased knowledge/access to community resources such as public benefits and the local public school system. The majority of social work clients are refugees who come from diverse backgrounds. Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients, communities, and agencies is an integral part of the position.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
- Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited educational institute
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a social service field or related capacity with culturally diverse clients.
- Valid driver license with classification appropriate to operate JVS vehicles, valid auto insurance, clean driving record with no moving violations within the past three years.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Provide individual and family case management services for refugees experiencing mental health concerns or domestic violence.
- Manage and maintain client files by completing all assigned documentation including bio-psycho-social intakes, assessments, case notes and treatment plans.
- Assist in developing and expanding refugee support groups and group work.
- Participate in program evaluation and best practice research.
- Actively engage in community coalition building
- Prepare for and participate in grant funder site visits and audits as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned.
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based communication.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Hours- regular schedule
- Regular travel to client homes, community events and service providers in personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
- Home Visits
- Much of the work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some work may be performed at community sites such as other agency offices, schools, libraries, and other public meeting places. Employees may experience exposure to temperature extremes when in training situations, in a car, and while traveling to contacts outside of the agency facility.
- Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.
Salary range: $40,370 – $49,251
A note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary individuals and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification listed in the job description. Here at JVS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may come from a background less traditional to our field of work and that is okay. JVS strongly encourages you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every qualification described.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org