Section 1: Summary – Overview and Purpose of Position
Assist Volunteer Coordinator and Program team in Volunteer outreach and maintenance. Assist with outreach and communication with the refugee and program team. Goal is to assist in capacity and assistance outreach activities to benefit refugee clients and community. Assist in volunteer communication, systems management and training to provide specialized services to engage the broader community into the work of JVS. Assist with marketing volunteer opportunities tabling at community fairs and participation at community wide events. Serve as an onsite staff for volunteers with JVS programs and services. Represent JVS to other agencies, community partners. Collaborate with other JVS staff on executive community engagement events.
Section 2: Qualifications – Education and Experience
High School Equivalent,and at least 2 years experience working with diverse client population
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Recruit and communicate with JVS Program Team and
- Assist and collaborate with service providers and client stakeholders in the community to outreach and share event based activities
- Assist in organizing and maintaining volunteer database and communication
- Organize and serve on site for volunteer activities and event work and communicate with JVS staff to identify , train and place volunteers in all agency programs and services.
- Organize and maintain volunteer and client communications for outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Section 5: Relationships
Section 6: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Section 7: Performance Indicators
Behavioral Competencies for All Employees:
- Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to delivering on his/her duty and presenting oneself as a credible representative of the agency to maintain the clients’ trust and foster client loyalty
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the agency; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion.
- Cultural Awareness
- Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics; treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Able to adapt to and work with a variety of situations, individuals and groups. Able to think on feet, and not being disconcerted or stopped by the unexpected.
- Organizational Understanding
- Understands the workings, structure, and culture of the organization as well as the agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization. Understands the political, social, and economic issues affecting the organization.
- Planning and Organizing
- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Sets priorities, goals, tracking systems and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Relationship Building
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.