Overview and Purpose
Manage delivery of services for newly arrived refugees through the United States Refugee Admissions Program, including
the Reception and Placement program for the first 90 days post arrival, and the Matching Grant program for eligible
refugees up to 6 months post arrival. Supervises program staff and participates in service delivery as needed .Ensures
appropriate documentation and reporting to agency and funders. Coordinates with partner agencies to develop and
manage referral processes for the delivery of core services.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
● BA in social work or human service field preferred. Experience in the field may be substituted for
● Experience in providing case management services. Minimum 2-3 years working with immigrant
populations and/or low-income populations required. Previous experience working with refugees is
● Supervisory experience preferred.
● Communicate and coordinate with staff to ensure timely and high quality provision of service, including
participating in service delivery as appropriate
● Work collaboratively with other program managers to coordinate holistic services for clients
● Ensure clients are aware of program activities and requirements and understand their rights and
● Provide service with awareness of differences based on the diversity of populations served and tailor
services to meet client needs; serve as a resource for both clients and staff in resolving conflict
● Evaluate programs for effectiveness and bring ideas to the table for improvement.
● Participates in meetings convened by funders or service collaboratives
● Manage relationships with partner agencies and referral partners and update staff on new/changing
procedures, resources; advocate for client access to service
● Remain current on program requirements and provide ongoing training to staff
● Provide regular supervision and support to program staff
● Ensure appropriate documentation of services and conduct regular file reviews
● Manage the request and distribution of client payments and maintain client financial records
● Maintain relationship with funding source and holds primary responsibility for reporting program
outcomes and financial activity to funders
● Participates in grants process to renew/secure new funding
● Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual
● Ability to work a flexible schedule
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
● Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
● Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and internet-based communication.
● Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record and reliable
means of transportation for local travel. Must provide a copy of license