Section 1: Summary – Overview and Purpose of Position
RSS Case Manager (CM) serves in coordination with other JVS staff and community partners to deliver culturally appropriate services for refugees and other eligible clients under the Refugee Support Services (RSS) and Services for Older Refugee (SOR) grants. Services are provided to clients with a goal of self-sufficiency. CM must be willing and able to contribute to a team approach to case management and adapt to frequent population, policy, and procedure change
Section 2: Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Associates Degree is preferred. Experience in the field may be substituted for degree
- Experience in providing case management services. Minimum 2-3 years working with immigrant populations and/or low-income populations required.
- Previous experience working with refugees is strongly desired.
- Previous interpreter experience strongly preferred.
- Swahili/ Kinyarwanda/ Somali Bilingual/bi-cultural preferred.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Complete intake and assessment forms for all clients referred to the RSS or SOR program, or emergency walk-ins, as needed.
- Complete FSSP with mutually agreed upon goals for all clients.
- Ensure clients are enrolled in all eligible programming.
- Refer clients to public services and other agencies as needed.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to identify and address client concerns
- Report problematic cases as early as possible for intervention
- Serve as interpreter for clients on an as needed basis
- Participate in client outreach to identify individuals who are eligible RSS and SOR and enroll them in programing
- Participate in development and implementation of classes geared towards client education in navigating complex systems
- Follow and abide by all policy and regulations of case management and ethical standards.
- Seek, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external service providers.
- Collaborate with JVS Employment Services, Medical Coordinator, Social work, Immigration and Language and Cultural Services as needed
- Engage in following up with referrals to ensure that clients are actively engaged in services.
- Participate in a JVS committee.
Reporting and Continuing Education
- Maintain all required documents in case files, including regular case notes.
- Submit information as requested for trimester reporting.
- Participate in regularly sharing client and program success stories.
- Attend regular webinars and/or training for continuing education.
Other duties as assigned
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and internet-based communication.
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver’s License and a verified safe driving record and reliable means of transportation for local travel. Must provide a copy of license
Section 5: Relationships
The ability to develop positive working relationships with internal staff, refugee clients and community leaders, and community partners is absolutely paramount.
Section 6: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
This position will primarily be a coordinator of services; approximately 75% of the job will be completed in office. Occasional travel to client homes, community events, public service providers, and other service locations will be necessary. Use of a personal vehicle is necessary with mileage reimbursement.