● Be available for support and advocacy and act as a resource for assigned staff. Fill in
for staff in the department as needed.
● Provide weekly coaching of direct reports.
● Review caseloads to ensure staff is working at capacity.
● Data collection is required for internal reporting and reporting to funders.
● Complete intake and assessment forms for all clients referred to the RSS or SOR program, or emergency walk-ins, as needed.
● Complete FSSP with mutually agreed upon goals for all clients.
● Ensure clients are enrolled in all eligible programming.
● Refer clients to public services and other agencies as needed.
● Meet with clients on a regular basis to identify and address client concerns
● Report problematic cases as early as possible for intervention
● Serve as interpreter for clients on an as needed basis
● Participate in client outreach to identify individuals who are eligible RSS and SOR and enroll them in programing
● Participate in development and implementation of classes geared towards client education in navigating complex systems
● Follow and abide by all policy and regulations of case management and ethical standards.
● Seek, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external service providers.
● Collaborate with JVS Employment Services, Medical Coordinator, Social work, Immigraon and Language and Cultural Services as needed
● Engage in following up with referrals to ensure that clients are actively engaged in services.
● Participate in a JVS committee.
Reporting and Continuing Education
● Maintain all required documents in case files, including regular case notes.
● Submit information as requested for trimester reporting.
● Participate in regularly sharing client and program success stories.
● Attend regular webinars and/or training for continuing education.
Other dues as assigned