Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
|Manage and provide direction to employment services program that serves a wide range of clients. The program manager will oversee a team of employment staff, contacting and reporting to referral sources, developing employer resources and databases for placement, and monitoring compliance issues. The manager will also engage in direct client services. Develop and maintain relationships with local employers. Provide supervision to program staff. Manage and collect data for reporting purposes. Implement best practices in the field of workforce development. Provide opportunities for team and self for training in the field to maintain best practices.|
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
|● Bachelor’s degree. Combination of experience and education may be substituted for four-year degree.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
● Become familiar with job market trends and community employment opportunities, sharing information with persons served and other staff members as needed.
● Market individual program participants and JVS programs to employers throughout the community using JVS materials and on-site personal interviews with employers. Educate and train prospective employers about the various populations served by JVS, including job accommodations and JVS services.
● Assist employers in identifying, modify and eliminating barriers to the employment and advancement of persons served.
● Collaborate with the Workforce Development Advisory Council, leadership teams, and key stakeholders to develop and provide training opportunities to advance DE&I in the workplace, regularly emphasizing topics specific to refugee communities to ensure accurate and timely data entry and program outcome reports.
● Communicate with referral sources regularly regarding the program of each participant. Refer participants to other community agencies or services when deemed necessary.
● Maintain professional rapport with a broad range of persons served, guests, co-workers, other agencies, and organizations.
● Mediate and resolve cultural, religious, and disability issues affecting employment.
● Compile data to ensure accurate completion of monthly dashboard reports and billing. Prepare billing reports promptly, ensuring the accuracy of information.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Oversee all aspects of employment programming, including eligibility and timely enrollment, identifying and tracking cash and in-kind match, completion of monthly and annual reporting, and ensuring adequate documentation of employment information in the case file.
● Audit case files regularly and coordinate with Community Integration teams to increase efficacy, compliance, accuracy, and best practices.
● Meet with clients as needed to clarify policies and procedures to ensure maximum compliance with funder guidelines.
● Train staff members on policies and procedures; provide updates on the program as necessary.
● Create and update an Employment Training Manual when required.
● Be available for support and advocacy and act as a resource for staff. Fill in for staff in the department as needed.
● Provide weekly coaching of direct reports.
● Assign and review caseloads to ensure staff is working at capacity.
● Implement emergent practices obtained through JVSU (strengths-based coaching, emotional intelligence, core values, professional development planning, etc.)
Section 4: Skills Needed
|● Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
● Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
● Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and developing positive working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
● Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, the and use and internet-based communication.
Salary Range: $48,532 – $59,316
A note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary individuals and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification listed in the job description. Here at JVS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may come from a background less traditional to our field of work and that is okay. JVS strongly encourages you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every qualification described.