Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
Operations Assistant for busy nonprofit agency that serves a diverse population including individuals with limited English proficiency and/or disabilities. Primary duties include reception, office management and clerical support.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
● High School Diploma or equivalent required.
● At least 2 years’ experience in public facing role and/or office environment
● Bi-lingual (Spanish most preferred, other languages also accepted)
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
● Greet all incoming visitors, clients and staff and ensure proper sign in/out procedures are followed.
● Receive and refer clients/visitors to the appropriate staff member.
● Answers, screens and refers telephone calls.
● Provides basic guidance to navigate JVS services, including completing referral forms, applications, etc.
● Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including vendor deliveries.
● Manages online fax account and agency email account.
● Manage shared equipment and vehicles.
● Manage and maintain shared spaces and supplies.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Coordinate and maintain agency administrative records.
● Prepare documents, reports, correspondence.
● Data entry support for admin team.
Provides clerical and administrative assistance for special projects
Other Duties As Assigned
Section 4: Skills Needed
● Demonstrates culturally competent respect for all clients and guests through verbal and non-verbal behaviors and assists them as needed.
● Analyze and solve office support problems generally of a recurring nature
● Demonstrated proficiency with software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook and Google Drive.
● Demonstrated ability to use technology in daily work activities.
● Works cooperatively with staff to ensure all duties are covered.
● Maintains positive work relationships, demonstrates cooperation with peers and supervisors, and contributes to a team environment.
● Demonstrates willingness to successfully resolve issues, problems, and dilemmas with other staff; resolves conflict with other staff directly.
● Provides a welcoming approach towards all clients, visitors and guests.
● Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
● Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
● Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
● Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based communication.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
● Regular hours Monday-Friday 8:00a – 5:00p.
● Much of the work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Position is required to regularly sit; talk and hear, in person and by telephone; use hands to feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms;
● Position requires frequent bending, squatting, sitting, standing, pulling, pushing, lifting, and moving items that may weigh up to 40 lbs.