Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
|MG Case Manager (CM) serves in coordination with other JVS staff and community partners to deliver culturally appropriate services for refugees and other eligible clients under the Matching Grant s (MG) program. Services are provided to clients with a goal of self-sufficiency. CM must be willing and able to contribute to a team approach to case management and adapt to frequent population, policy, and procedure change.
The Matching Grant program helps refugees and other ORR-eligible populations overcome barriers and quickly find jobs. The intent is for refugees to become economically self-sufficient through employment within 240 days and without accessing cash assistance programs.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
- An Associates degree is preferred.
- Bilingual/bi-cultural preferred .
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a social service field or related capacity with culturally diverse clients.
- Valid driver license with classification appropriate to operate JVS vehicles, valid auto insurance, clean driving record with no moving violations within the past three years.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Complete intake and assessment forms for all clients referred to the MG program.
- Complete service plans with mutually agreed upon goals for all clients.
- Ensure clients are enrolled in all eligible programming.
- Refer clients to public services and other agencies as needed.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to identify and address client concerns
- Report problematic cases as early as possible for intervention
- Work with employment team to ensure client ongoing participation in job activities
- Support clients with budgeting and financial literacy.
- Participate in development and implementation of classes geared towards client education in navigating complex systems
- Follow and abide by all policy and regulations of case management and ethical standards.
- Seek, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external service providers.
- Collaborate with JVS Employment Services, Medical Coordinator, Social work, Immigration and Language and Cultural Services as needed
- Engage in following up with referrals to ensure that clients are actively engaged in services.
- Participate in a JVS committee.
Reporting and Continuing Education
- Maintain all required documents in case files, including regular case notes.
- Submit information as requested for trimester reporting.
- Participate in regularly sharing client and program success stories.
- Attend regular webinars and/or training for continuing education.
Other duties as assigned
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based communication.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Hours- regular schedule
- Regular travel to client homes, community events and service providers in personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
- Home Visits
- Much of the work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some work may be performed at community sites such as other agency offices, schools, libraries, and other public meeting places. Employees may experience exposure to temperature extremes when in training situations, in a car, and while traveling to contacts outside of the agency facility.
- Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.
Salary range: $34,521 – $42,192
A note to Potential Candidates:
Studies have shown that women, trans, non-binary individuals and BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification listed in the job description. Here at JVS we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. That candidate may come from a background less traditional to our field of work and that is okay. JVS strongly encourages you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every qualification described.