Overview and Purpose:
Responsible for strategic direction and day to day operations for all Community Integration programs. Directly or indirectly supervises all employees within the department. Creates new programs to respond to client need and/or changes in the environment. Cultivates and maintains community partner relationships. Knowledge of trends and best practices in subject matter areas to include one or more of the following: refugee resettlement, immigration policy, cultural competency, language access, social services, public benefits, healthcare.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and maintain partner agency and community relationships; develop advisory board to ensure alignment of JVS programs to community needs; develop and distribute information about JVS services to consumers, agency and community partners
- Represent JVS on local and state committees and task forces regarding refugee resettlement, immigration and others
- Monitor and act on the changing nature of immigration policy and refugee resettlement trends; provide regular reports for board and staff
- Serve as an enthusiastic, well-informed spokesperson to raise awareness, understanding, and support for JVS programs
- Create, refine, implement, supervise and assess program plans for JVS in all areas of community integration, work with managers to improve key processes and meet the needs of consumers
- Provide support, guidance and resources to program managers in operating their programs and supervising their staff
- Promote practices and policies that support the full participation of all newcomers in our community
- Create and provide training to staff, board members, and volunteers
- Foster a department and agency culture that results in exceptional service to consumers, a quality work environment for staff, and effective cooperation and communication
- Identify funding and grant opportunities; participate in the writing of proposals and reports
- Ensure compliance with documentation needs, as directed by funder and agency requirements
- Set performance goals, in line with funder requirements, and conduct analytical reporting to measure progress towards outcomes
- Develops and implements departmental budget; tracks performance on monthly basis; works with executive director to makes operational changes where appropriate to improve or sustain financial performance
- Implements policies, procedures, and timelines to ensure compliance with accreditation and funding source requirements
Other Duties As Assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience
Master’s Degree required in social work, public administration or other related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience working with vulnerable populations and supervising staff. May substitute Master’s degree with 5 additional years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regular travel within KC Metro area
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.