Individual will accompany Summer Work Experience client(s) to employment site. Job Coach will provide support to individual(s) at work site to ensure that employee(s) learns to perform job tasks to the employer’s specification and learns the interpersonal skills necessary to a work environment. Additional duties may include developing job site accommodations and task analysis. Responsible for attending JVS trainings and working assigned scheduled shifts. The Summer Work Program runs June 8th through June 26th and July 6th through July 24th. Work days will be Tuesday through Friday from 9am to 6pm (1pm-2pm lunch break).
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer experience working with individuals with significant disabilities.
- Assist clients to learn job responsibilities and develop on job supports.
- Aid in determining job accommodations necessary for client to maintain successful employment.
- Task analysis if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliable transportation to get to designated work site in the Kansas City area.
- Ability to assist clients with disabilities to learn job responsibilities and learn acceptable work behaviors.
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer skills to write basic reports.
- Reports to Manager of Employment Services.
- Frequent contact with employers.
- May require occasional lifting, frequent walking, standing and bending.
- May include indoor and/or outdoor work locations.
- Travel required in personal vehicle to work site.