Part Time – 20 Hrs Wkly
Further the JVS mission by supporting staff/interns in their efforts. Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
B.A. with at least 5 years working in the field of HR administration. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Manage employee recruitment and hiring
- Maintain employee files
- Support managers in use of performance management tools
- Coordinate employee recognition
- Design and deliver new hire orientation and ongoing training and development
- Master user of payroll/PTO system
- Manage benefits programs
- Serve as staff liaison for requests for leave, FMLA, grievances, performance improvement plans, in consultation with Executive Director
Prepare and analyze HR metrics and provide reports for management and board use
- Make recommendations and update policies and procedures as needed
- Comply with requests for reporting on AA/EEO, workers comp, unemployment
- Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Requires long periods of sitting and computer use. Moderate lifting of up to 25 pounds. Flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends.
- Attention to Detail
- Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the agency; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion.
- Continuous Learning,/dt>
- Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively.
- Cultural Awareness
- Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics; treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Planning and Organizing
- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Sets priorities, goals, tracking systems and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Relationship Building
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.