Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
|Overall planning and coordination of resources, tasks and necessary steps to meet grant obligations, including application, data collection and management, writing, reporting, and accounting functions.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
- B.A. with at least 2 years working in the non-profit sector.
- Priority will be given to applicants with grant and/or project management experience.
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
|● Research new grant opportunities, develop/foster relationships with foundations/other funders, track submission deadlines
● Coordinate and establish Grant Donor Profiles and establish next step proposals for relationship
● Manage existing grants by tracking reports and deadlines, maintaining grant files, preparing/sharing grant correspondence
● Coordinate submission of proposals in collaboration with program staff, including narrative, budgets and any supporting documentation
● Collaborate with and coordinate program staff and/or assistant executive director to fulfill grant writing and reporting.
● Manage and coordinate budget plans in cooperation with program staff, finance manager and/or grants accountant.
● Coordinate with the finance manager and assistant as needed to track grant expenses, manage change requests and prepare monthly reports.
● Presents monthly budget vs. actuals for grants/contracts to management, works with program managers to ensure compliance with the budget.
● Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies and partner organizations
● Perform other duties as may be required by supervisor
Section 4: Skills Needed
|1. Attention to Detail and Timeliness
- Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively to meet all internal and external deadlines
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the agency; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion.
3. Continuous Learning
- Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively. Has the desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform a job more effectively.
4. Cultural Awareness
- Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics; treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect.
5. Planning and Organizing
- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Sets priorities, goals, tracking systems and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
6. Relationship Building
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside or outside of the organization, through multiple methods of communication, who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding finances, clients and employees
7. Technological Proficiency
- Excellent computer and database management skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Google Drive, eTapestry and various funder portals.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Requires long periods of sitting and computer use. Moderate lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Requires the kind of teamwork and personal interaction that cannot be had in a home office situation, therefore, a majority of the work will be done on-site
- Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.
Salary range: $38,554-$45,000