Reports to Development Director
Full Time position
Overall planning and coordination of resources, tasks and necessary steps to meet grant obligations, including application, data collection, writing, reporting, and accounting functions
Qualifications – Education and Experience
B.A. with at least 2 years working in the field of nonprofit management. Experience with grants preferred.
- Research new grant opportunities, develop/foster relationships with foundations/other funders, track submission deadlines
- Manage existing grants by tracking reports and deadlines, maintaining grant files, prepare/share grant correspondence
- Coordinate submission of proposals in collaboration with program staff, including narrative, budgets and any supporting documentation
- Take a lead role in writing proposals and reports, managing and coordinating program staff and assistant executive director
- Prepare financial or budget plans in cooperation with program staff and finance manager
- Work with finance manager as needed to track grant expenses, manage change requests and prepare monthly reports.
- Presents monthly budget to actuals for grants/contracts to management, works with program managers to ensure compliance with the budget.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Requires long periods of sitting and computer use. Moderate lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Attention to Detail
- Accomplishes a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information so as to anticipate problems and ensure effectiveness of the agency; effectively communicates by adjusting style, tone and level of detail appropriate to the audience and occasion.
- Continuous Learning
- Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively.
- Cultural Awareness
- Demonstrates an open-minded approach to understanding people regardless of their gender, age, race, national origin, religion, ethnicity, disability status, or other characteristics; treats all people fairly and consistently; effectively works with people from diverse backgrounds by treating them with dignity and respect.
- Planning and Organizing
- Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Sets priorities, goals, tracking systems and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Relationship Building</dt.
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.