A diverse workforce makes everyone a positive contributor to our community. To help promote diversity, JVS works with individuals with disabilities at all stages of their work life to ensure they gain the necessary training for, and access to, employment.
Benefits to Employers
Through our network of resources, JVS helps employers acquire diverse talent to meet their workforce needs, while offering job and skills training for employees seeking to enter the workforce. Our employment services benefit employers promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and offers dynamic business solutions through our Employer Engagement Council (EEC). We are also currently developing Racial Equity Framework training to help employers advance racial equity initiatives within their workplace.
Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
JVS provides specialized Employment Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing clientele (DHHS). Individuals benefit from:
- Working with JVS staff that are fluent in Sign Language
- Interpreters who are provided for the job application process, interviews, and job training.
- An Employment Skills Training Program that features classroom and hands-on training focused on Customer Service or Hospitality. Participants receive a certificate upon completion of training, and job placement is included with the program.
Autism Employment Services Program
The Autism program provides specialized services for those with an autism diagnosis. Individuals benefit from training in the following areas:
- Job seeking skills
- Employment readiness training
- Interview skills training and practice
- Assistance in developing on-site job supports once employed.
Many individuals with autism struggle with demonstrating appropriate social skills, and this program includes a social group to assist individuals to improve their ability to interact appropriately with others.
We take great pride in having a staff of friendly and caring professionals available to assist you. We are person-centered and focus on providing you with the individualized services you need to be successful.
Location of Services
Sometimes geographic or transportation barriers may exist for those seeking services. Therefore, we are flexible in where we can provide our services: Our main facility is located in Kansas City at 4600 The Paseo (bus accessible). We can also meet you at the local Vocational Rehabilitation office, One Stop Career Center, public library or other locations convenient for you. To arrange for services, contact your state Vocational Rehabilitation Agency or call JVS at 816.471.2808