Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Executive Director, as well as to the executive team and board of directors. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, have strong attention to detail and manage multiple projects in many different areas.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
● BA required, can be substituted with equivalent experience.
● At least 3 years experience in administration, project management, office management or related field
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties Administrative Support to Executive Director:
● Maintains ED’s calendar, making sure time is allocated to the highest priority and proactively addressing conflicts in scheduling
● Tracks ED’s commitments, goals, projects, tasks and deadlines
● Provides administrative support to the ED including assisting with contracts, managing digital and paper files, preparing expense reports, requesting office supplies and processing paperwork
● Compiles documents, prepares reports and presentations for appointments and meetings
● Drafts and edits correspondence, including some that may be sensitive and confidential
● Works on special projects as assigned by ED, handles projects expeditiously and proactively; follow-through to successful completion
● Researches and follows up on incoming issues to be addressed by the ED
● Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the ED, board members, internal staff, and external partners, ensures that all stakeholders feel good about their interactions.
Coordinates Relationships with and Supports Board of Directors:
● Manages all scheduling and meeting logistics for board and committee meetings.
● Assists executive team in preparing agendas and materials for board and committee meetings
● Drafts minutes to record board and committee meetings in a timely manner.
● Assists board president with scheduling and communication needs
Support for Administrative and Program Activities:
● Facilitates purchasing for selected client expenses including PEX, emergency assistance and other needs as they arise, including communication with program managers and compliance and documentation needs
● Provides back up for check preparation and deposits when accounting staff is out, as directed by ED
● Collaborates with HR in scheduling and logistics for staff meetings and events
● Manages JVS Resources to ensure staff has access to updated information Other Duties As Assigned
Section 4: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
● Hours- 40 hours per week, flexible in person schedule
● Occasional travel to meetings or to make purchases in personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
● The work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Position requires occasional bending, squatting, sitting, standing, pulling, pushing, lifting, and moving items that may weigh up to 25 lbs.
● Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.