Supervises: Operations Manager, Front Desk
Overview and Purpose:
The Human Resource and Operations Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff involved in human resource and administrative management, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission. They will work to provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, accountability and excellence.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand goals and strategy related to staffing, employee culture, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develops staff-focused policies and plans to promote living out JVS values in our staff culture and client service
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource, administrative and compliance needs.
- Directs or implements human resource programs including, but not limited to,
- Compensation/payroll, benefits and leave, records management
- performance and talent management,
- training and development,
- productivity, recognition, and morale;
- disciplinary matters;
- disputes and investigations;
- occupational health and safety
- Directs or implements administrative programs including but not limited to:
- Office equipment and technology
- Facilities management and vendor relations
- Procedures to that support an effective and efficient working environment including purchasing supplies, processing mail, file retention, and others
- Works with supervisory staff to facilitate coaching and training on management skills
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics, provides data and makes recommendations to executive leadership
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Supervises Operations Manager and Operations Assistant.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory, leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- May substitute Master’s degree with 5 additional years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Regular travel within KC Metro area
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.