Reports to: Development Director
Status; Full Time, Non-Exempt staff
The Fund Development Associate is a key member of the development team, with four main job functions: Fundraising Operations, Event Management, Database management and Donor Communications. They help promote the mission of the agency through ensuring timely donor communications, fundraising relationship management, event logistics and maintenance of accurate donor records. This position provides an opportunity for learning and growth in a fast paced and friendly work environment with the potential to growth within the organization and department.
- Manage donor relations, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials
- Conduct research on new prospects both individuals and corporate donors
- Key Database Coordinator and Staff Liaison with service provider
- Coordinate event logistics, key planning and day of responsibilities including:
- Manage tracking and attendance,
- Including venue and vendors
- Pre and Post event communications
- Onsite Day of Coordination
- Work with Development Director to provide and maintain reports and timelines in conjunction with event goals.
- Fulfillment of sponsorship and donation pledges post event
- Provide design and support for donor communications including print and digital materials and platforms
- Manage website and social media updates
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a professional, preferably non-profit, environment
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people and attitudes, possess a personal belief that others can be successful.
- Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of JVS
- Experience in Donor database system (i.e.Blackbaud, Greater Giving…), Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), program management software and comfortable using social media platforms.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills with focus on details
- Demonstrated record of meeting deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization when speaking with funders, volunteers and the general public.
- Adaptability to a continuously changing environment as part of a high function team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity with internal and external audiences.
- Competitive salary and benefits package offered.