Overview and Purpose of Position
Responsible for strategic direction and day to day operations for all Community Integration
programs. Directly or indirectly supervises all employees within the department. Creates new
programs to respond to client need and/or changes in the environment. Cultivates and
maintains community partner relationships. Knowledge of trends and best practices in subject
matter areas to include one or more of the following: refugee resettlement, immigration
policy, cultural competency, language access, social services, public benefits, healthcare.
Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
● Bachelors Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in social work, public
administration or other related field.
● At least 7-10 years of relevant experience working with vulnerable populations and 2-3 years
experience supervising staff.
● Valid driver license with classification appropriate to operate JVS vehicles, valid auto
insurance, clean driving record with no moving violations within the past three years.
● Cultivate and maintain partner agency and community relationships; develop advisory
board to ensure alignment of JVS programs to community needs; develop and
distribute information about JVS services to consumers, agency and community
● Represent JVS on local and state committees and task forces regarding refugee
resettlement, immigration and others
● Monitor and act on the changing nature of immigration policy and refugee
resettlement trends; provide regular reports for board and staff
● Serve as an enthusiastic, well-informed spokesperson to raise awareness,
understanding, and support for JVS programs
● Create, refine, implement, supervise and assess program plans for JVS in all areas of
community integration, work with managers to improve key processes and meet the
needs of consumers
● Provide support, guidance and resources to program managers in operating their
programs and supervising their staff
● Promote practices and policies that support the full participation of all newcomers in
● Create and provide training to staff, board members, and volunteers
● Foster a department and agency culture that results in exceptional service to
consumers, a quality work environment for staff, and effective cooperation and
● Identify funding and grant opportunities; participate in the writing of proposals and
● Ensure compliance with documentation needs, as directed by funder and agency
● Set performance goals, in line with funder requirements, and conduct analytical
reporting to measure progress towards outcomes
● Develops and implements departmental budget; tracks performance on monthly
basis; works with executive director to makes operational changes where appropriate
to improve or sustain financial performance
● Implements policies, procedures, and timelines to ensure compliance with
accreditation and funding source requirements
Other Duties As Assigned
● Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet
deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
● Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
● Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive
working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
● Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
● Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
● Regular hours Monday-Friday, 8:30 – 4:30, occasional nights/weekends
● Regular travel to client homes, community events, service providers with mileage
● Much of the work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work
environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Some work may be performed at community sites such as other agency offices, schools,
libraries, and other public meeting places. Employees may experience exposure to
temperature extremes when in training situations, in a car, and while traveling to contacts
outside of the agency facility.
● Position requires frequent bending, squatting, sitting, standing, pulling, pushing,
lifting, and moving items