Reporting to the Executive Director, the new Chief Finance and Administration Officer will join the executive leadership team which provides strategic and operational oversight for the agency. This new position is responsible for oversight and expanding the financial operations, providing a long-range vision for the organization’s financial growth and stability. In addition, this person will provide leadership for the Human Resources and Operations functions. Direct reports to the Chief Finance and Administration Officer include the Human Resources Manager, the Finance Manager, and the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities of JVS’s Chief Finance and Administration Officer include:
- Support JVS’s implementation of its strategic plan while forecasting the budgetary, workforce, and facilities implications of the organization’s growth.
- Working in close partnership with the Finance Manager, continue to supply accurate nonprofit accounting processes and procedures, financial reports, as well as forecasts for future budgeting and financial stability.
- Provide leadership and direction for Human Resources and Operations functions.
- Strengthen awareness and understanding among JVS’s board and staff regarding the financial implication of the organization’s vision and goals. Provide the tools and training necessary to carry out their financial responsibilities and the management of the programs they direct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS OR ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for, and knowledge about, the nonprofit sector, in particular agencies that work with vulnerable populations
- 5 years’ experience in accounting or financial management for nonprofit organizations. Experience managing federal grants strongly preferred
- A CPA or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervising others, preferably those in management roles
- Desire to strengthen and grow a strong finance and administration operation and the change management skills to manage the implementation of new financial management systems
- Strategic acumen with the ability to forecast the budgetary and workforce impact of long-term plans
- Strong relationship management skills, including ability to build relationships with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated attention to details, and mastery of current best practices in accounting, human resources, and operations
- Ability to manage multiple complex and collaborative projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice, equity, and inclusion
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $100,000. JVS offers a competitive benefits package, including PTO, health insurance and retirement benefits. The Chief Finance and Administration Officer will find a positive, engaging, and multicultural work environment.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Equal Opportunity is a JVS policy. It is their policy to select the best-qualified person for each position in the Agency.
No employee of the Agency will discriminate against an applicant for employment or a fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, pregnancy or physical or mental disability.
This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions including advertising, recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation of employment, rates of pay, and other forms of compensation or overtime.
The search for the Jewish Vocational Service Chief Finance and Administration Officer is being conducted by The Moran Company. Questions about the position can be directed to Jane Lampo, The Moran Company; firstname.lastname@example.org.