Section 1: Overview and Purpose of Position
The Immigration Department is responsible to provide direct service to refugees and immigrants qualified and eligible for benefits being sought. This includes duties scheduling appointments, interpreting/translating for immigration meetings, maintaining client files and a variety of other tasks related to immigration services and procedures as assigned.
Section 2: Qualifications (skills, education, experience)
- High School Diploma
- Dari-Pashto Speaker required
Section 3: Responsibilities/Duties
- Assures all client files are maintained in a confidential and secure manner
- Assist clients with the immigration process by explaining required documents for appointments
- Assist in translating and interpreting for Dari/Pashto speaking clients at JVS
- Provide information other service providers bout JVS immigration services when requested
Other duties as assigned.
Section 4: Skills Needed
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines; able to effectively prioritize, delegate, and execute multiple tasks.
- Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multicultural and multilingual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external collaborators.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs and internet-based communication.
Section 5: Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Hours- regular schedule
- Much of the work is typically performed in an interior temperature-controlled office work environment. Position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some work may be performed at community sites such as other agency offices, schools, libraries, and other public meeting places. Employees may experience exposure to temperature extremes when in training situations, in a car, and while traveling to contacts outside of the agency facility.
- Use of cell phone is also required with partial reimbursement by agency.